Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #21
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Are you sure of the controllers being included?

Initially when Thor said prewired, it meant just that — wires running from roof down to an area where a controller/charger could be installed and connected to batteries. This makes a lot os sense to me because running any wires up to roof is so much harder after the unit is built. While at the factory, adding a couple of wires is really cheap and easy. I’d hardly consider it 75% of the work, but installing the wires ahead of time certainly saves a lot of effort and time.
the 2019's come complete wired, controller , just no panels.... that's what I was commenting about... why not just add the panels before it leaves the factory,... if it's truth that less than 1% will use solar... why make 100% of the people pay for it...myself,... I would rather see a solar system, that you paid 75% … be complete

I keep hearing that the new thors are easy to do solar,.. just add panels... kinda like Kool-Aid.... just add water... but yet to see where some one did it and post' about it..to me it's kinda like if the tires where setting there flat, and they said all you have to do is add your own air... we give you the tires...to me even though I paid for the wires, and the controller, and the labor to install..it's worthless with no panels...I personaly would like a 300 watt set up on the roof as it's almost there.... I think... I don't wanna buy the wrong stuff... install it and not have it work.... it's doesn't work now...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum