Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Bill & Bruce:

Thanks for the info.

But we live in Tampa, and will be using the Vegas down here throughout the winter. I wasn't thinking in terms of winterizing per se -- but I'd do the compressed air rather than antifreeze. I'm not a fan of removing the water heater Teflon plug because I think that is one area that could be prone to leakage -- especially at that awful angle.

What I was really thinking about is I don't necessarily like that 6 gallons of water sitting in the tank waiting for the next trip. At the temperature down here -- to me that thing would just turn into an incubator. I just wanted to be sure that if I opened the 3 low point drains and hooked the compressed air adapter into the city water connection and put about 25 psi through the lines, I'd get most of the water out of the system.

When I retired from the AF we had settled in Hummelstown PA (first town SW of Hershey. We loved it there but after last winter's deep freeze and terrible snowfalls we decided retirement had to be more than shoveling snow and having your nose freeze shut. Picture shows snow in our parking spot last Mar. Thus -- the migration to Tampa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140216_134754420.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	750  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum