Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 09:11 PM   #5
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I really like the floor plan of that model. A key decision is whether it will be large enough for you in the long run but it sounds like you’ve got that covered. I resisted slides for years thinking of the many failure and leak points. But I’ve had three RVs now with slides and haven’t personally had a single problem with any of them. There is a certain amount of maintenance involved though. As much as some people dislike slides, I dislike corner beds. They are claustrophobic and remarkably difficult to “make”. On the particular model you asked about there is a folding mattress required when retracting the slide. It works okay but does mean you can’t use the bed without putting the slide out and sometimes you might not want to have it out - e.g. during a big storm when wind could damage the slide topper or for a quick nap at a highway rest stop. The slide also adds cost of course. I think there is a 24 foot model with no slides that actually costs less. It’s not too hard to find these models used but with very few miles that people trade in for bigger units. But mostly I agree with Denman - get what you like. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum