Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #273
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
I ran across a deal on a low mileage 2014 Chevy Spark last year and started towing with it. Lot more convenient and cheaper than renting a car at some of the remote areas we visit.
Here are a couple of pics of the Demco base plate kit on the Spark.
I chose the Demco base plate since the attach points are low and not blocking air flow to eng. and also, with the covers on the attach points they look somewhat like part of the grill. Did not think to take any pics with it hooked up for towing.

I have the Demco Commander tow bar and E-Z Mount Tow Light Kit to go with it. I did not want to connect into my Spark electrical system, so the light kit made it a simple install.
I bought the entire system from etrailer for approx. $1105 del. and I can't even tell it is back there when towing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7904.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	17234

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7905.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	17235

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum