Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #276
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
17 Thor CHALLENGER 37 TB
Acme EZ-TOW 15 Ford Edge SEL pictured.
Traded for 18 Ford Explorer XLT
Didn't know the Edge was back there coming down Old Fort Mountain I-40 East. 7 miles 6% grade.Attachment 15096
UPDATE: NOW PULLING OUR 18 FORD EXPLORER
it just barely fits on the Acme Ez-Tow tow dolly with about a 1 1/2 clearance on each side. So far we've towed it over 1000 miles, including Ascending and Descending Old Fort Mountain with its 7miles of 6% grade, with no problems, other than having to retighten the New straps that stretch. Straps are checked at every stop.
Cant really tell much difference in gas mileage, and you cant tell it's back there.
This last trip I watched Toads that were 4 down weaving, and rocking behind their coaches, and check my rear view camera, to find our toad firmly planted right where it should be, straight and true, with no sway or wobble.
I'll stick to my Acme Ez-Tow until I'm not physically able to.
You can stand the Acme Ez-Tow vertically so finding a place to store it isn't a problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	received_813657582328572.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	17244

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum