Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #4
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe f View Post
just purchased a used 2018 freedom elite 24HE. two short trips so far and all's well except for gas mileage. need suggestions for making the bed and inverter power. i also don't see a thread for freedom elite owners. what's up with that?

Welcome to the forum! You can do a search and find previous answers to each of your questions.
What do you consider bad gas mileage? If the air filter is OK, about all you can do to boost the mileage is slow down!
I haven't been in your model, but I think you have a folding bed, right? We use a bed topper and a thin comforter, which prevent the mattress from folding flat. I rigged up a bungee cord to keep it folded when on the road. We use standard queen sheets, which don't fit all that well but we tuck the excess under. Some have used their sewing skills to modify those sheets, and some have ordered sheets specially made for camper queens. Be thankful you didn't buy a rig with a corner bed!
I have a small 1100 wt inverter to run a computer charger, fan or a crock pot. I mounted it on the wall by the passenger seat and the cords run down into a compartment and then back to the coach batteries. I have no intention of running TVs or the refrig on it or running separate outlets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum