Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Slide stuck
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #12
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Ok, now I can join the club of slide issues. Had an Appointment to get the front end aligned that we waited a week for. Went to put the slides in to go, bedroom slide came in fine, full wall started and right motor failed after 5-10 seconds. tried several times, tied the over ride (6 pushes and hold the 7th until flashing) and still no luck. We are now searching for a mobile repair service to come out to get this slide fixed and then how much do I trust the rest of the unit overall - this really impacts are planned cross country jaunt in a month - looks like we may cancel if I can't trust the coach. Saw all the ideas above - thanks, but have no idea where the slide motor are to try and replace them - any pictures for a Palazzo 36.1?

I would encourage you not to let one failure ruin your plans or cause you to lose confidence in your coach. It is the nature of the beast that these machines will break from time to time. Look at it as an opportunity to learn how to fix or temp fix this important component, then get it fixed for real and move forward. If it (or something else) happens on the road you’ll meet some nice people who will go out of their way to help you and you’ll have a adventure to tell your grandkids about.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum