Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Because I had one I sometimes watch what CW lists the Winnebago 29VE for on their website. Usually it’s $10-15,000 more than similar Thor models but sometimes not. Last week they had all of them about $15,000 less than usual. A week later they were high again. Go figure. It shows how much margin there is on these things. When I bought mine in 2017 the model was pretty new though and I could not get them to discount more than 22% despite pushing hard and even leaving. I came back a whole week later and they still wouldn’t budge. They offered me $1,000 of in-store credit and full boat extended service for 7 years for under $2,000 but nothing more off the price. The model is more plentiful now and there are more competitors with the same floor plan. I find it hard to believe Winnebago forbids their dealers from adding a second air conditioner. If i wanted one I’d make its addition part of the purchase deal. FWIW I never missed it and I only have one on my current 33ft coach as well. I am planning to carry a portable air conditioner when/if we ever travel south in the dead of summer though.
It was one Winnebago Rep and he may have been citing official policy? But he was very adamant about no. Not even willing to have on separate breaker wired from outside. But as you state the price was always high so even if they were going to do, I would not want to pay more for it.

I live in Dallas and it can get very hot. I like air alot :-)

I also like having a backup if one does go out. With the Thor's or ducted units you can divert all of the air to front to get an immediate cool with the ducting.

With that all said, don't laugh at me if you later learn that the unit I buy only has one AC. At the end of the day everyone has a price :-)
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum