Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #1613
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...m_content=ITEM

Is the wheelwell liner in the pictures. It is one I picked for no reason at all except it was a cheap experiment, and as you can see, it fits beautifully. All I did was set it in there(passenger side front) to take the pictures and it fit like a glove. Others like steel or aftermarket tubs may fit better, but this one is pliable, Bends easily and fits from frame to body as if masterminded to do so.

I will use expanding foam(as glue)and toggle bolts to attach refractory insulation to the back of these before installing permanently. (refractory insulation is available in rolls from Amazon)

I have a 4+ inch lift and six wheel drive so these wells will fit even better in your THOR than in mine... And it is almost perfect in mine. Oddly, no gaps, no weird stretching or brackets needed to be made... It fits like it was made for it.
Are there better choices from other vehicles? Probably. But these will go in, reach far to the back and all the way to the lip of the front spoiler edge.
With coupon it was $32 shipped... A price I was willing to pay as an experiment to support this community. I have metal ones available to me, the installation of those would not be of value to the community. Ordering a readily available commodity, was.

I will line the rear wheel well using metal wheelwell liners. I happen to have a set from a 60's Pontiac Executive and they're thick enough to protect the black tank in case of blow out. That's another project and would require community members to go to a pick-a-part and do a stupid amount of labor and cutting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0622191107.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	18408   Click image for larger version

Name:	0622191108b.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	18409  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0622191108c.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	18410   Click image for larger version

Name:	0622191108.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	18411  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum