Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
If I had to guess, and it's just a guess on my part, it would be that the typical factory installed stalk on the steering column probably communicates first with the Ford Body Control Module which then operates the wipers on E-Series cutaways (and previous vans). Since the stripped chassis used on Axis/Vegas doesn't appear to come with windshield wipers from Ford, it's likely Thor buys the motor, switch, and wiring harness as a standalone system -- much like it was on older cars before electronics took over everything.

It may be possible to rig something that would work, but I doubt it would be easy. It's also possible these stripped chassis may not even have a BCM since there are no windows, door chimes, etc... like on a standard vehicle. There is no Ford body to control anything on. Again, just a guess on my part.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum