Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #5
slomarsh

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10044
Thanks for all your replies Much appreciated

So are the trombetta and the bird one and the same? Sorry for my ignorance.
Location of trombetta if it is different? I understand the bird is in the engine compartment.

I'm quite sure all batteries charge while driving. I replaced the original house batteries a month ago. Originals were toast (sulphated and using excessive water)

Right now, at home, I am letting the house batteries deplete a bit. Then I'll connect 110V and be sure they charge up ok. Ditto the chassis battery.

Glad to know it is normal for the gen to start with the chassis battery.

When in storage I disconnect the house batteries now and use a cut of switch for the chassis battery. Have had no problems with drainage since.
Just don't understand why the chassis battery went dead (engine solenoid clicked only) while plugged in to 110V. That had never happened before.
BTW: Store/use switch was on.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum