Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 11:11 PM   #22
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
aznytfury -
You don't need to change any setting on the Firefly panel for the new inverter to work; however you will need to set the battery type to the ones which match your batteries (i.e. for stock batteries mine were four 6V flooded batteries, which I think the Firefly panel either calls "Wet" or "Flooded" and will automatically set all other parameters accordingly) and you will need to set the amount of battery capacity to match your set up (i.e. stock four 6V batteries = 400 amp hours)
The extra battery charging capacity (125amp 12V DC) will not benefit you with wet/Flooded batteries, because they can only accept a limited amount of current without damage (controlled by the inverter/charger for the type of battery selected); however if you ever change to AGM or LiFePo you can use the extra potential.
You do not need to worry about the 100amp (110V AC) breaker on the panel, because the inverter only provides 30amps 110V AC per circuit (the MS2812 has two circuits, but I think your stock application will only use one of the two circuits.) (The 125 amps is the 12V DC charging amps, not the AC power supplied to the RV by the inverter)
The good folks at Magnum can also guide you through all of your settings, questions and recommendations. I am adding a Victrom battery management system to mine later so I can monitor and manage my battery capacity so I don't wake to dead batteries because I USD too much during the day or didn't run the Benny enough to recharge them.
Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum