Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:59 AM   #121
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
While I may not think "Thor is Garbage" in my opinion the view kmorris is what I have seen from outside looking in. I get some taking a position to defend Thor because of their experiences, but it is like getting upset with your Neighbor because he is pissed off with State Farm. Same hail storm comes through and State Farm sends you a check; didn't even come by the house, but your neighbor is pissed because his claim was either denied or partial payment made because they say you should have known to take prudent precaution of where you parked, or worse that only certain size hail damage is covered because you should be able to fix what State Farm considers as minor damage.

But I digress... Let me ask a hypothetical.

Assume there everyone that has posted thus far is right. What would that mean?

If Thor or Dealers went out there way to educate every consumer what all appear to accept is common knowledge that you will have issues with your new coach that may not be covered under warranty (factory or ESP), or if it is, very difficult to utilize as you may go months without access or usage or your RV.... What do you think would happen?

In my view, sales would drop, but complaints that we read from new owners would go down dramatically.

I say so, because despite all of the sad truths that I have learned, I am not deterred from buying an RV. I see Thor just as good as Winnebago or the next guy. It would be hard for me to come on this site bashing Thor because of what I know now before I buy, but for those that didn't know, I get it 100%, they have right to post their negative experiences in hopes that somebody may offer some help or assistance for resolution. We are not talking low dollar used RVs at cheap price point, we are talking brand new vehicles.

To make this personal for me, I have looked at a total of 7 brand new 27bs that I am interested in. Of the 7 based on things that I have learned from this site I would only buy 3 of the 7. Not that other's can't be repaired, but I don't care to buy a brand new with a long list of to dos. PDI for me is for minor items.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum