Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 02:14 AM   #56
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonjaf View Post
I'm pulling the trigger on a solar package from Northern Arizona Wind and Sun.

https://www.solar-electric.com/rvkit-024-1280w-12v.html

Anybody have a new Thor, better yet, Quantum who has mounted a similar package? Does the stock wiring and setup work well? Any modifications? Am I buying too much? I'd like to use solar 100% for my power needs, as I will be full timing it.

Thanks!
Nice setup, wish I'd bought it! I agree you need 6 of those batteries though and not just 3.
When you get familiar with the BMV 712 Smart, and play around with the ME-ARC50 Remote you can go to the Control Charger setting and command a Bulk charge to shorten your recharge time, since those batteries can take as much as you can through at them.
When you install the new Magnum MS3012, if your current RV inverter/charger only has a single circuit AC input, be sure to wire the jumper to the unused side per Magnums instalation instructions so you can get the full battery charging amp benefit of your new Magnum MS3012. I didn't do it initially since it was optional and would only get ~56 amps in Bulk mode. After I added the recommended jumpers, I now get ~130 amps in Bulk mode which cuts my recharge time in half when using the gennerator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum