Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #9
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
https://www.lamesarv.com/2020/thor-m...ass-b/sn132376

Looks like there is one for sale in California. One show stopper for me is the 12v only refrigerator. The coach has a propane tank but no propane or even 110v fridge?
What’s wrong with 12V refrigerator? Most camper vans have gone to DC compressor refrigerators in place of propane-fueled or electric-heated absorption refrigerators. That refrigerator under the counter is tiny (I’d guess 3~4 cubic feet) and should require only about 30 Watts to run. Propane would add weight, require an opening for venting (which look worse in vans), and make fridge capacity even lower. Efficient DC compressor refrigerators are the future, even in larger rigs. You can now get them up to ~ 10 cubic feet that fit in previous 7~8 cubic-foot space. The issue for me is that it’s too small, and too low.

Thanks for posting La Mesa ad. It’s interesting that the price is almost half of what the more expensive Thor Class Bs go for. It’s no wonder Thor’s market share of Class Bs has been so low. There can’t be that many buyers looking to spend $150,000 on a van.

That same floorplan doesn’t appear to me to have worked out as well for Winnebago as the 59G which is more Hymer-like. I’d be curious to know why they went with that floorplan (which also didn’t last with Axis/Vegas). The motorhome’s size and price is good, but the floorplan is nothing I’d consider.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum