Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #10
Henry's RV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation 24SR
State: New Mexico
THOR #2570
I think it's really a case of "to each his/her own." The people who have shown the most interest in my rig have been older couples with 40-ish foot class As who wanted to downsize or solo travelers. The smaller units are in no way limited to short trips. I love the maneuverability - I can get in state and national parks that larger rigs can't. It drives better than the last car I owned, I've never gotten less than 14 mpg, and I can cruise at 75mph on the highway if I want to. I don't usually go that fast but have been very comfortable at that speed even in hilly terrain. I only have myself and my dog and don't stay in one place long. I can tow a small car if I ever choose to do so, have plenty of cargo capacity for my needs and a friend if there were two of us. I've come across a fair number of solo travelers who thought they probably would go with a sprinter or something similar in the future. I know some people who are full-timing in a Roadtrek and I took a week to hit some of the National Parks out west and even drove it sightseeing. No towing needed. It all depends on your needs, lifestyle, and how you plan to use it. I'm glad we have a lot of variety in our choices. The biggest downside I see to the B/B+ and especially the Sprinter models is they are ridiculously expensive compared to other options.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum