Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #39
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Well consider this. Yes it is nice to drive America in your own RV seeing all the wonderful things there are to see in our great country. A good RV is going to cost new or used depending on variables like year, make, model condition upwards of $100,000. How much will you actually use it? Few times a year for say 10 years?

Now for the same $100,000 you could go on vacation a few times a year by flying to great locations in America as well as include a trip to Europe, South America or even Africa. Domestic 3-5 day vacations typically (excluding Hawaii) run $2,000 or less depending on airline, accommodations etc...

5-8 days in England, France, Germany Belgium and a few other European destinations run in the $10,000 range for a couple with accomodations, food, air and sometimes a great tour. You can even catch a Viking Cruise up one of the famous European rivers lasting 8-14 days with stops, tours, food (great food) airfare, transportation and first class cabin for $8-$12,000.

So if you are considering buying a $100,000-$350,000 or more RV, think about what you want to see/do and how often you can do it. RV ownership is not for everyone. Personally I like to travel America with an occasional trip over seas. Hope this helps. Enjoy life whatever you do!
Well said. My wife and I were doing the travel the world route. It was actually turning into a hassle with living out of a suitcase, hauling bags around (porters not always available), having a feeling of "rushing because our flight is tomorrow so we better do X today", etc. Then we bought the RV and now everything is more relaxed and we can be even be more spontaneous, but also well planned when we want. No packing suitcases, drives to airports, worrying about plane delays, worrying about strange beds, eating every meal at restaurants. No thanks to that route of traveling etc. The RV life is for me!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum