Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #28
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwray View Post
Gotta say that this was one of the easiest “mods” I’ve done. Very thankful that you posted the video. I wasn’t totally “picking up what you were laying down” previously. I was gonna pass on this one until I watched how easy you did it.

25 minutes later, I’ve done the entire Driver’s side of the coach (6 windows). The spacers in my pic are what I took _OUT_ . I only left about 2” of plastic in each channel and I’m really happy with the results.

Unfortunately, the two windows that I wanted to open up the most are my dinette windows-which can’t be done.

The big picture window over the couch has a full permanent window over the two tilt-out ones. I ran out of daylight, but I suspect I’ll have to slide the big guy out first-far enough to expose the lower window set screw. That should let me do one side, then repeat in the other.

Thanks again for sharing!
Thats awesome Cwray! Glad it helped you out. Since you only left 2" in how far do your windows crank out now, this could help a lot of people doing it to know how much they want to cut off spacer. Thanks for posting. It is a really easy mod and I am surprised this was not brought up before, it just aggravated me they opened so little and the reason I finally looked for a way to fix it.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum