Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
dhpersinger

Brand: Still Looking
State: Delaware
THOR #317
We have had our new 2014 Challenger 36fd for about a month and have already found numerous problems. I absolutely love the floor plan, but am so disappointed in the workmanship. We went camping for a long weekend and in the middle of a rainstorm we realized that our black water tank was completely full. My husband went out to drain it and low and behold it would not drain. After trying several times, we were left having to use the campground bathrooms. Nothing like running to the bathroom in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. Needless to say we were not happy. We had owned the Challenger for only 3 weeks. After our trip, we took it directly to the dealer and to everyone's amazement, there was a 3 inch circle of flooring in our tank that had wedged itself in the drain opening. When they had cut the floor to install the toilet, evidently they just let the circle of wood fall in the tank. To me, that is just laziness and it ruined our first weekend of camping. We are returning out Challenger to have a looooong list of problems addressed. Thor may have great floorplans and on the surface the Challenger looks beautiful. If you look closely, however, you will find shoddy work and a very cheaply built motorhome.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum