RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
There are lots of replacement xfer switches on the market, for 30 and 50 amp RV services. My 2013 ACE was equipped with a 30 amp service and a Progressive Dynamics PD5100 xfer switch I think (made in US). It is still working fine. We are not full timers, but I run the gen every month (except during the Winter) so the xfer switch does get some action.

I would suggest looking at what you currently have (maker and part number) and see if it is still available on line. The reason I suggest that approach first is that a direct replacement should be a drop in install......no rewire, cable length changes or space issues that might occur with a different maker etc. Of course that assumes the original part number still has the same dimensional replacement available with the same knockout locations. Might be a risk after 12 years. On line shopping lets you compare specs, dimensions and costs if you want to see whatís out there.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/au...sfer-switches/

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.