Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
We had an issue with our door popping opened when we first got our rig. I was told that if the rig is not leveled well the frame will flex which could affect the door causing it to pop opened.

This information was in conjunction with a door inspection during warranty repairs.

I was skeptical at first, but I will say that we have not had this issue since the first couple of times during our first months of ownership. I figure we are better at leveling and that may be what was happening at first.

We do still get a situation where the door sometimes closes and latches but does not totally close tight unless it is closed with a strong forceful push. I believe it is a 2 stage lock and sometimes only the first stage catches and holds. This also seems to be intermittent which I also just chalk up to leveling.

I also think that our door might have been installed in such a way that we have little room for error when it comes to proper closing with less than perfect leveling. there does not seem to be any real latch adjustment capability from what I see.

We deadbolt the door while traveling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum