Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #18
Machinetools1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
Sorry for the confusion and I am most likely not explaining the problem correctly. When boondocking all 12 volt lights come on no problem when the use/store switch in the on position. When the inverter button is pushed and the green light comes on indicating the inverter is on the tv, VCR, and hdmi box is on everything is un working order.

When the volts go down according to the Mira firefly display panel and according to the volts tested off of both batteries in the battery box get to 11 5 volts I turn on the generator and turn off the inverter and watch tv with the generator running the batteries do not charge and actually start losing volts according to the Mira firefly display panel and the batteries in the battery box according to my volt meter. This happens with the inverter in the on and off position.

The generator will run the microwave and the air conditioners with no problem but will not charge the batteries. When I turn on the RV's v10 the battery volts in the chassis drop to 12.4 volts and only charge up to 13.3 volts. The house batteries charge up to the same 13.3 volts. This is confirmed by my volt meter and the Mira firefly display panel in the motor home.

The only time the Mira firefly display panel ever reads above 13 volts it s just after I charge the batteries with the rv motor running to charge the batteries. When the generator is actually running and the inverter is off or on I
loose volts to the batteries according to the Mira firefly display panel and the voltage with my volt meter at both batteries

With the use/storage switch in the off position nothing works in the rv. I cannot start the generator. The only way I can start the generator is with the start button on the generator itself. The only things that work in the coach is the microwave and the air conditioners. Nothing else works and the batteries do not take charge

I checked the breakers and all fuses and everything looks good. I have not checked the voltages from the converter or inverter that are located under the bed. The inverter has 2 fuses and both are good. The converter has a reset button. I do not see any other fuses under the bed except for 2 small I believe 5 or 7 amp fuses. There are 2 100 amp flag breakers and 1 50 amp flag breaker in the battery box. I looked all inside the battery box and cannot find any other breakers. There is the BIM in the battery box and all of its connections are tight.

I have not yet checked the output of the inverter that is under the bed directly with a volt meter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum