Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #31
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I don't think so? Have you ever been? It is not allowed to take OPDMD on the paths down the Grand Canyon. Only thing I witness being allowed was the accompanying mule she could ride. Regardless you missed my point, which was not to say you couldn't carry a OPDMD to Grand Canyon, but was that certain areas, paths, walkways or whatever you wish to call them do not allow OPDMDs allowed in specific areas due to safety concern. I assumed that Grand Canyon was blatant obvious examples of why Virginia in allows in certain areas and not others. But hey, I live in Texas and have no problem with you taking the fight to Virginia. Good luck
You are right in that I did not completely understand your point. Indeed there are many many trails an OPDMD cannot go down like the trail down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. There are many many times in Florida we simply had to turn around because of nature or stairs leading to a boardwalk. We are not even asking to have ramps built or anything like that. We are asking to be able to go down the roads around the RV part of the camp and basically where others go where it makes sense. We are not asking that any trails be specially built or any other special considerations. Simply to be able to go where others go using bicycles, walking, and so on. Virginia has basically restricted to practically zero use of OPDMD's and that is what we are objecting to.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum