Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:03 AM   #46
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan100 View Post
Were you able to do your comparisons? How much is the new Sequence with Lithium Power Package?

Thanks in advance...
We stopped at General RV in Tampa to see a Sequence and then at Lazy Days where they had several models of Travato open out front. The two units are very similar except for the MSRP. My wife liked the interior of the Sequence better than the Travatos except for the upgraded front seats on the Travato and the extra windows that open in the Travato. The Travato has small windows that open midway over the beds, while the Sequence only has one - over the kitchen. The AC in the Travato is not hooked to a thermostat, it just runs off of exterior switches, while the Sequence has a thermostat. Some items in the Sequence like the bike rack are part of the price while they are add ons in the Travato. The MSRP of the Travato is over 25K more than the Sequence, but you can find it discounted 25% while they are only discounting the Sequence 11%. That will change as more are shipped to other dealers. No one had any information on the Sequence with the lithium package. In the Travato, the lithium package is 20-25k more than the regular one.
We are considering downsizing after 6 years in a Vegas and an Axis and I was impressed with the “space” in the Sequence. My wife thought that she could live in that space for our 2-3 week trips back and forth to Nova Scotia and it has all the “pieces” that the Axis does. The shower seems as big as the Axis (a major point for us) and it seems a fair trade off to lose the separate bedroom for the smaller size. However, I drove the Sequence for about 20 minutes on an interstate and rural back roads. After the Axis, I found the driver’s seat in the Sequence small and the legroom cramped. I can and do drive my Axis for 8 hours a day for 2-3 days in a row. I am not sure I could do that in the Sequence. That will be a show stopper for me. I need to go drive it again, before I am ready to purchase. In addition, the current $80k price tag price tag is too high. When they start discounting them 25-28% like all the other Class B’s on the market, it will bring the price down to the mid $60k. That will make it reasonable to me. However, I still will need to convince myself that I can drive it all day comfortably. I drove my Vegas 14,000 miles to Alaska and back without an issue. I only need to drive a Sequence 2000 miles to Nova Scotia. It will be a poor trade if I don’t like doing that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum