Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #2
Richie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Texas
THOR #12938
The siphon tube you refer to is most likely a short piece of 1/2 inch clear poly tubing about 18 inches long. It may have a 1/2" threaded pvc fitting on one end that is threaded to a matching fitting on you water panel. If no water panel then there is most likely a fitting somewhere in the plumbing area that can be accessed. The open end is placed in the gallon jug and when the winterizing valve is opened and the pump turned on then the antifreeze is drawn into the system. At least that is how my last motorhome was winterized using the siphon tube that was included with my coach. Made winterizing a quick and easy process using about 2 gallons of antifreeze.
With my new Quantum I have to pour the antifreeze into the fresh water tank and then turn on the pump to distribute it to all the fixtures and tankless water heater.
I posted a thread on this earlier today looking for an alternative.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum