Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
jbrophy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: South Carolina
THOR #3217
thank you for the response, javelin. i still have to reread this a few times LOL but what i think i understand your point about the house batteries being so dead now that being plugged into shore power (even if just 115) the use/store button is stuck in store - so even though i am plugged in - the house batteries can't get charged. wondering - could i use a regular car jumper cable from the new truck battery to one of the house batteries to charge it for a bit to get it so the use/store switch will work? and if so - what configuration of red/black on each end should i use - red black on the truck battery and red/black on one of the house batteries? and - an aside - should i bother with the 12V battery tender on the new truck battery - or should i disconnect the positive instead - (for when the truck is just sitting in the driveway? thank you!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum