Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Need Help, wipers & furnace this time

Yesterday we made a 100 mile trip to Palm Desert. Had some rain and snow. Wipers broke for the 2nd time and just barely got off the road with no accidents whith snow building up on the windshield. There was a 2 inch strip on the left side that I could peek thru. I've have had the need for wipers two times and both times they went into self destroy mode. The right blade takes a dive and gets stuck and the driver side goes up to the left piller and moves about two inches which is why I had a two inch line of site. Thank God no accident. The last time I was in warranty and the dealer replaced the mechanism but apparently not the solution. It must be a design/quality problem. Has anyone been able to strengthen the wiper mechanism by installing one off a truck or bus? I think what is happening that since the wiper arms and blades are so heavy the system can't handle the stresses.

2nd problem is the furnace. My louvers are in upside down and the seal around the access door leaks. The last time I found a marine stainless louver to cover the louvers and stop that leak and I thought I had the leak around the door fixed but yesterday it again leaked all over the PC board and when we turned on the furnace the water took out the PCB again.

I could sure use some suggestions. I thought about selling the MH but can't in all honesty pass the problems along to someone else. I am not in the position to buy a new one so I really need to deal with it myself.

Fortunately I was able to take off the right wiper blade and the left one worked after that and we are in a resort with power so the electric bathroom heater seems to keep it warm so we are good this weekend but could sure use some help.

Many thanks and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and had plenty to be thankful for.

God bless and safe travels.

Bruce
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum