Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Snap Pads
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #64
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I know of one case personally where a class A fell off it’s jacks and bent both jacks and the front leaf springs. My opinion (FWIW!) is that having the tires at least touching the ground - even if they are not bearing much weight - provides lateral stability that spindly well extended jacks can’t. I’ve done it without problems but unless it’s raining or something I’ll put LEGO blocks under wheels that would otherwise be off the ground. When I do that I also put a similar number of blocks under the adjacent jack just so they won’t overextend.

I read on another post that some jacks that rely on springs to retract can have trouble with the added weight of snap pads. Apparently they are surprisingly heavy! But it doesn’t seem to be a widespread concern. I’d buy then if they cost a bit less! And may anyway if I ever knock off my long wish list.
Snap pads only weigh a couple of pounds each at the most. Jacks that rely on spring retraction have been problematic for many owners, the springs weaken over time, the cylinder jacks gets corroded, the hydraulic oil gets old and dirty, and the jacks just don’t want to retract anymore.

I went thru 2 hurricanes while living in our previous MH on the east coast, had the jacks down, front wheels off the ground, never had a problem. That said, your results may vary.

I have had my SnapPads for a couple of years now, wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again, recommend them to a lot of people.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum