Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:19 AM   #26
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
No. The OP has a coach with a 50 amp connection. When he is at a location (like his house) that only has a 15 pr 20 amp receptacle he can use the referenced adapter at his coach end and a small 120 VAC outdoor extension cord to get the limited amp service to his RV instead of the heavy 50 Amp cord he would normally use with 50 amp service.

The question about surge protection came later in the thread and the OP has not been involved in that discussion.
Got it. I got two dogbones for same purpose. Pictured is my 15/20 amp one. My dogbones must connect to the 50 amp male end of my cable that is hardwired. I have not used on an extension cord yet, but I did plug the 50/20 amp dogbone directly into my 20 amp receptacle just to see it works and similar for the 50/30 amp dogbone.

As I read about the surge protection, I think I will buy this one

https://www.campingworld.com/portabl...rge-protection

as it can be used to protect my coach's built in surge protector for 50, 30 & 20 amp services. I have power management system inside that tells me how many amps I am drawing at any moment in time. If I have 20 amps service it will know and help to manage what I can use as to not trip breakers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50_20amp dogbone.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	21809  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum