Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
BlueWaterSUX

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian A40
State: Idaho
THOR #17453
Struggling with HVAC environmentals

If this has been discussed, please point me to the appropriate thread.

2018 Venitian A-40 floor plan. Non hot flashing wife, sleeps up front over the cab. We cant regulate temp on cold nights to keep her cool and me in the bedroom warm. I've tried several combinations of heat pump and furnace selection, while only asking for a modest temperature differential of say 3 degrees (65 & 68 respectively). I know heat rises but we've tried with the master bedroom doors opened and closed. I'm not convinced the doors delineate the same area front vs. rear as how the ducting is installed.

Outside Air temp has been cold, in the upper 30's, so I have tried auto on both systems with furnace selected on too. Last night I woke up to the front heat pump running the A/C and the rear system making heat with a temp at the master bedroom's bed level well over 90 in the rear.

Still haven't been able to solve the smartphone app pairing with the Vega/Mira system yet, which certainly would help and minimize trips to the thermostat in the middle of the night, but it's almost as if delay settings allow huge time and temps swings before triggering on and off limits. Maybe I have a bad temp sensor or perhaps I've obstructed it some how, but I don't even know where to look.

Maybe someone can point out where the actual temp sensors are located on my coach? I'm planning a return to the dealership in 10 days and will insist we solve my pairing issue, which I expect to help some but the long cycle intervals and huge temps swings are less than ideal for night time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum