Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 01:30 AM   #6
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
I appreciate all the helpful replies. I’m pretty sure it’s the condenser at this point. I pulled the fridge out when it first started and everything was clean in the back. The fan is working fine and the noise doesn’t resemble a fan problem. I was hoping that maybe it was the appliance run capacitor and that could be possible. I’ve called a few places and nobody as of yet wants to work on it. I do have an extended service contract from Good Sam so that’s a possibility. I talked to our local appliance parts guru about what it might need. From the symptoms I described he says compressor. He also got really animated when he described how modern refrigerators (especially foreign made) are built to be energy efficient so they have been installing undersized compressors. Lower BTU rating than is required for the size of unit. Then as it’s used it burns out the compressor in a relatively short amount of time. I can buy a new unit at Best Buy for $429. Fixing the thing could cost that much. No worries we’re camping at Faria County Park in California and it’s another beautiful day. I’ll try to send a photo.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum