Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 03:00 PM   #10
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Replace the reefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
Update...
Sears Service came out today to diagnose and provide a quote. Diagnosis is the compressor is nearing complete failure. Repair estimate is $955. For parts, labor, fees and taxes. I could buy two brand new Whirlpool refrigerators just like it for that price. My Good Sam Extended Service Policy authorized the repair and will mail me a check when it’s completed. I’m happy that they are going to pay for it but sheesh! The Customer Service at the Insurance Co for Good Sam was excellent. Happy Trails
Just a question...
If you had a choice, and you could squeeze them out/in, would you have not wanted a new reefer instead of repairing the old one? I think I would have tried to convince the Policy people to go that way if it makes sense dollar wise.

Stay cool

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum