Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #144
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
All the ones I’ve seen had second alternator very low on passenger side. I would guess (not sure though) that they use the same kit (haven’t looked that closely). Being a FWD van, the front of the engine limits it to passenger side, and behind the engine down low there is no room. So unless someone comes up with a way to mount it up high, it’s likely the same 280-Amp alternator kit (or its equivalent).

Longer-term it’d be great if RAM offers a second OEM alternator option like Ford started to do for Transit and E-Series. I’d expect a better design and much much lower cost. Or RAM could add the more powerful 48V alternator (motor/generator) as part of mild hybrid option, except with provisions to charge house batteries much faster. I think RAM calls their mild hybrid system eTorque.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum