Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:14 PM   #19
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
So glad you made it! You helped make my first year on the road a success. I can't remember if you were a veteran (sorry...), but if so, with the military posts now opening up MWR to all vets (as Space A), you should check out the costs an availability of storage on post. I know lots of vets do it, but I don't know the particulars. Give your local outdoor rec a call. Regardless, I'm so very happy for your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Our year has come...2020 marks full retirement for the April (January 31st) and we now start our plans to travel extensively for the next 12 months plus. We will still have the home in Florida and will still travel with "Bugsie and Blondie", the two wacko Labs. There are lots of places we plan to visit. Some legs would be wonderful to have the dogs along and others less so. We have a family member who can sit the house in Florida for weeks at a time for those legs we will not take dogs. My question here...have any of you done extended traveling, leaving your coach stored somewhere out west and flying back and forth to continue the journey? Seems traveling 3 to 4 weeks, returning home with the MH to just head back out across our path again to go further is a waste of time and money. Do you know of specific places safe to store a MH with a minimum of 15A power? Being flexible, we could travel off the path for this type setup. I've read a little about people having a spot on their property and charging a reasonable fee for storage but haven't looked in to it yet. Any experiences with this would be very helpful. Thanks!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum