Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #31
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I don't think I have to worry about being in knee deep snow or mud to lock in the hubs. If I do, then I have bigger problems and locking in the hubs probably won't matter at that point and will be the least of my worries with an 18,000lb motorhome.

I'll still take the manual....

- Less drag as well as wear having the hubs locked in all the time
- Don't have to worry about solenoid or other electrical problems preventing 4x4 to be engaged should something fail
Never say never. Our shakedown cruise with the class c (SunSeeker) resulted in us sinking about a foot into the mud because the camp site was soft and 24 hours of rain didn't help. We pulled in after dark, in the rain, and the campground put us in a temporary site until the next morning. It took 2 Ford 4x4 pickups and 2 250 foot straps to get us out. The straps were so the pickups could be on the pavement rather than in the muck with us. I no longer pull into campgrounds after dark unless I have been there before and know their layout and sites.

The only 4x4 failure I have ever had was with the gears on the driver's side locking hub on a Ford Bronco. My two expeditions went 150,000 miles and 142,000 miles without a 4x4 failure.

But, to each their own.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum