Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: CHF F53 Ford
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 04:15 AM   #107
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mearl.davis@gmail.com View Post
I have a Roadmaster sway bar and it seems that the ends are shorter than the factory Sway bar I made my own plates but have not had dry weather to do the chf any body had this problem.
I have a question why would you feel the need to do the Cheap Handling Fix on the heavier Roadmaster aftermarket bar? The CHF is done on a smaller diameter, 1 1/2" factory sway bar to stiffen it up. The Roadmaster after market bar is 1 3/4" in diameter it probably doesn't need to be any stiffer. You or a previous owner spent the money already to upgrade to a heavier bar the CHF may make the coach too stiff at this point.
The Cheap Handling Fix equates to improving handling without laying out any cash for upgraded parts. Your coach has the upgraded part I would let the aftermarket part do it's job that's why it was installed. My .02
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum