Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #6
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Change

I can speak personally being a former Axis owner. It was our first RV and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I has dead set when we went to buy that it would be a Class C on a MB chassis. We drove both. Now owners of the MB, don't get offended but I did not like the overhead cab, the small windshield and the bad wind buffering sound (Winny View). Drove the Axis and the difference in visibility was stunningly improved along with the fact that the front seats are more easily turned around so you can use part of the cab area for real living. Oh yes, we got the 24.1 which was the same floor plan as the Winny. Oh yes, we probably spent about $40k less.

The other thing I personally don't like about the Class Cs out there including the ones on the stripped E450/E350 is the lack of leg room in front, especially in front of the passenger seat.

We ended up enjoying our Axis for about 3 years until we traded it in on a 32' Class A on the F-53 22k chassis. Again, the large front windshield making the view while driving and camping quite pleasing along with enough of the additional living room that we love the RV life even more.

Now someone mentioned the Super Cs out there. Yes, if I could twist my wallet to spend almost $400k for one in that category of quality, I would change my mind to a Class C. Hope that helps. I would suggest driving some of the Class As out there before you make up your mind. Another thing you brought up about service with the Axis. Yes, it is a PITA but you will find that some of the newer Class As out there aren't. On ours, the chassis battery is easily accessed in the front hood area and the two chassis batteries are directly in front of it. Yes, they have all been changed out to AGMs so I don't have to deal with the usual flooded cell corrosion but that's a quirk of mine.

Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum