Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Outlaw
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #10
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
If I was to carry both bikes only a few hundred miles and that's it. Would that do any damage to the axle. It is really a one time thing to travel with me and my buddy 400 miles round trip.
I believe the tire load rating capacity is where the concern is.
So unless you have compressed the springs to where the bumper stops of the frame are touching, or near, that would be my concern, and the axle should be fine.

Look at the sidewall of the tire, there it will be listed, something like Load Rating Capacity E, or something.
Then look up mfr and their weight carrying capacity on that spec, use that info per tire (times 4 on rear axle), make sure tires are inflated to recommended pressure, then go weigh the RV and get what you are empty, per axle, go from there.

Tire ratings are if the correct air pressures is present.
Ten miles or a couple hundred, if the tires are over capacity, you will never know.
A little stress the wrong way, at the wrong time, and the tire may give.
Why roll the dice with such a precious large investment?

p.s. I also believe the load capacity label, in the garage, is before any gear, supplies, and anything else you load into the RV, not just a motorcycle, or two.
Water is roughly 8 lbs per gallon, do you also fill the water tank?

That's my dilemma, looking at $3K to replace six, what look almost new tires, to a higher rated set of tires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum