Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
factory black tank flush devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
The water valve needs to be in the correct position, the black tank valve open. You should be able to hear the water spraying inside the tank and it coming out the drain.

I do not use mine that way. I use it to fill the tank to almost full after the initial dump. Then I open the valve and let it dump again. I usually do this once or twice and the water coming out is clear with little or no debris after the rinse.

I have a clear elbow I connect to my drain so I can see when the blank tank is truly clean.

We also add Calgon Water Softener to the black tank after flushing as well as a tablet. The Calgon keeps the water very “slippery” to help keep anything from sticking to the tank walls.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum