Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
OK, I'll bite. Where did you buy a 100 AH AGM deep cycle battery for $110 including core charge? I've seen 55 AH AGM dual-purpose batteries for close to that price, but that's not what we want/need for house batteries in our RVs.
Perhaps I misunderstood the term 'cabin'.
I use the term coach and chassis and assumed by cabin he meant chassis/engine, as in airplane cabin and truck cab.

I can see how cabin can mean coach, since you camp in a cabin.
Maybe I had my terms confused.

Please apply everything I said to mean the 'underhood engine starting battery'.

Please change my amortizing to fit the cost of replacing the loaner batteries in the house part of the rv.

Please see the dislike for my 6v batteries has to deal with wet cell in general no matter where they are used.

I'll look up an inexpensive AGM deep cell.
I paid $366 for the oddesy battery in the avalanche. I don't think it's a deep cell.

I think we can all agree wet cells are either to cheap out on battery cost or for very limited specialized use which calls for only wet cells and that automotive isn't one of those uses.

We all know why our Thor kits came with wet cells....
I think I can safely say not a soul in the world prefers a wet cell if same sized alternative is offered.

Op,
Get rid of those if you can afford it.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum