Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 10:37 AM   #5
jim bo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
THOR #16082
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I’ve got an idea...
I assume you are going to put RV up on blocks, then completely remove the entire tank?
Once done, you could identify the exact location by pushing bolts up thru floor until they hit the location on the slide floor
I can see on my 24.1 that there are 4-bolts thru the floor.
Now, again, since you still haven’t told us what model floorplan you have, I’m not sure if you’ll have enough room to work in the slide without removing sofa, dinette or recliners.

But, once you identify the location you could easily use an oversized hole-saw (3” or so) for current & future access.
You’ll need to decide whether to do this with slide extended or retracted.

Now, going thru same hole you can place new stainless steel bolts & large washers, and locking nuts on the underside.
You would need a 2nd person for the final tightening.

Keep us posted as this is something most of us DIY ‘ers can fix.
its a 2014 24.1 vegas

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum