Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #22
jadatis

Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
THOR #7351
Used info given in post #12,#16 and #18

The goodyeaar list gives 2 245/70R19.5 used the one with the cross wich gave at the bottom after 2006 so the other one with 100 psi in G-load is to my opinion a miscalculation wich was corrected with the tires with the cross. Whatever I used the new tires after 2006 in my made calculator , and it gave Front 74psi and drive 64psi. The trailertires on your weightslip is probably tag-axle, but correct me if wrong. But then this tag if same tires need only 51 psi with all the reserve.

My pressures are with 10% reserve added to the load, so certainly not at the low side and calculation comes to higher pressure then that used for the lists.

This means that the bad comfort could yust be solved with lowering the pressure.
Tires list also gave maxspeed 75mph so dont drive faster, otherwise chance on overheating the tires.

If Tag-axle, you can probably influence the weightdivision, with putting more pressure on the suspension of the tag-axle. Then more weight on tag and front, and less on drive.

What are the GAWR's of the 3 axles. The front could use more weight, once read advice to keep at least 30% of total weight on front axle.
Mayby only counts for 2 axle vehicles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum