Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
Choxnpinz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
THOR #13591
Chateau 31W Generator auto-start module

Greetings! I have a 2018 Thor Chateau 31W Class-C. Since it spent most of the first year in the dealer's yard for warranty repairs, I've only gotten to use it twice.

I am trying to locate the generator auto start module, and haven't been able to find it.

Long story short, after de-winterizing this week, I decided to test the system by running the fridge off the inverter and the auto-start switch armed. In theory, when the battery level dropped, the generator was supposed to come on to recharge them. I came out to the RV in the morning to find the inverter dropped offline and the battery was showing 11.7v and the hour meter showed the generator never started. I know the module has settings for voltage that I can adjust, but I've got to find the bloody unit first. Has anyone who owns this model been able to locate it? I'm guessing that if I find it, the voltage setting will be something lower than the 11.7, since the genny never came on, but it was low enough to trip the inverter off. Many thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paste41220200.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	23268  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum