Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choxnpinz View Post
Greetings! I have a 2018 Thor Chateau 31W Class-C. Since it spent most of the first year in the dealer's yard for warranty repairs, I've only gotten to use it twice.

I am trying to locate the generator auto start module, and haven't been able to find it.

Long story short, after de-winterizing this week, I decided to test the system by running the fridge off the inverter and the auto-start switch armed. In theory, when the battery level dropped, the generator was supposed to come on to recharge them. I came out to the RV in the morning to find the inverter dropped offline and the battery was showing 11.7v and the hour meter showed the generator never started. I know the module has settings for voltage that I can adjust, but I've got to find the bloody unit first. Has anyone who owns this model been able to locate it? I'm guessing that if I find it, the voltage setting will be something lower than the 11.7, since the genny never came on, but it was low enough to trip the inverter off. Many thanks!!

I don’t have (nor want) an AGS but I wonder if perhaps yours tried to start the gen but failed. My generator can be a bit finicky about starting especially if hasn’t been run in a while. It’s one of the reasons I want to be there whenever my machine tries to do anything significant. How is the system programmed to handle a reluctant generator?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum