Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #14
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyanderson View Post
When we bought our connect 2 to use cellular data to stream to Rokus with Youtube TV, Netflix and Amazon, AT&T offered a prepaid unlimited data plan for $360 a year. Works great, but as soon as I got it installed, AT&T killed that plan. Data plans are now like $300 PER MONTH and thats not even unlimited. So now what was a good strategy for streaming TV and having internet access is not so much any more. I dont think I would buy one again just to get wifi as wan. .
You are not entirely correct........ there are other plans. The $300 per month is for 100GB per month.

While i agree the $360/year for unlimited data was great there are plenty of reasons to have one.

1) It

will boost the signal of the camp or other WiFi you want to connect to by having the antennas placed on the roof.

2) When you have multiple devices using WiFi, they always use the same SSID and password for them and only have to connect the ConnecT 2.0 to the WiFi source.

3) It gives you the option for a HotSpot if the camp WiFi is poor or not available.

4) It combines HDTV, WiFi router and HotSpot capabilities into a single unit.

It is disappointing that they dropped the unlimited plan for $360 but I still think the unit is worth it.

I have been doing some testing and I have used the camp WiFi at the last three KOA's we stayed at in the past two months. I was able to stream movies and use YouTube TV for TV viewing over the camp WiFi at all three KOA's without any problems. Having the antennas on the roof and the unit itself does a good job boosting the WiFi from the source.

Here are all of the AT&T Plans for the Winegard ConnecT 2:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 6.47.08 AM.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	23505  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum