Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 09:30 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Newmar does seem to be one of those manufacturers that tend to direct owners to extend slides first, then level, but honestly, I don't think it matters either way, no matter what brand or model you have...

but, since it's obvious that some models, like our Palazzo, suggest that the engine be ON when leveling, and yet must be OFF when operating the slides, it would seem obvious that you would LEVEL first, then extend the slides.... but, wait! You CAN level the coach WITHOUT the engine running, so, if you know that, you can certainly extend the slides, then Level, without restarting the coach....I've done it plenty of times.

I think that the question really arises from a fear that somehow one before the other, or vice versa, is somehow going to 'break' something, or cause some type of mechanical 'problem'... but I don't think that's the case, at all. Slides aren't that 'fragile' that having them extended if the coach is not exactly level is going to present any issue. Unless you are on a very extreme slant, and the coach is about to already 'tip over', it's not an issue.

Do it either way you feel comfortable...

(just for reference, dealerships drive/move many coaches around their lots , with slides still out. If you call your dealer, then call the manufacture, you might even still get two different answers!)
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum