Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 08:28 PM   #29
momartens

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #14396
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
I have never experienced driving a class C so what I think may not make much difference. I would think the front air would be great to keep the up front passengers cool, but nothing else.

In both of my class A's I have always used the on board ac units to keep the coach cool. Heres my thoughts on the use of a generator while traveling. With it running not only do I keep the whole coach cool by using the ac, I also keep the refrigerator cold by using elect. instead of propane. When traveling 6hr plus days we also like to have something cooking in the slow cooker so when we are done for the day supper is ready.

Lets talk my idea of mileage, yes its nice to know what mileage you are getting but when it comes down to it are you going to stop rving if your mileage drops down. I would say no. The running of the generator uses so little fuel to me its not worth not running it.

You have an RV so go out and use it have fun and at the end of the day you will feel great.
I like the concept of being able to use the slow cooker but where do put it that's stable enough that you're not in danger of it tipping over, spilling, etc?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum