Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 04:08 PM   #23
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Much truth to all the posts above.

My rationale: 1st few trips out wife says you seem to always be correcting. But you do not seem to on trip back. That led me to damper, moreso when I pulled it was sloppy as stated above. I chose the Roadmaster due to spring back to center and additional ease of steering in event of blowoiut. Has worked great.

I did weight upon purchase. Had to reconfigure storage of car stuff as front very close to max without trailer. Rear axle plenty of spare capacity.

I have considered heavier sway bars at some point, just not urgent.

One of the big selling points of e450 based 24.1 was excess GCVW. I have never been past just under 19k giving 3000 lbs of excess. The other wss extended WB. Is 30" longer than buddies e450 class c. He cannot tow as fast and stable as I do. At max of 5600 lbs trailer has no impact on Vegas. I run large LT street tires on trailer and have been able to cruise at 75 or above without feeling likke outside safe limt.

Everybody is different but after these evercises wife took a drive with and without trailer. She though was excellent.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum