Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 12:51 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
50 AMP Motor Home. 35 Windsport.

This started happening after the dealer winterized. I turned off all the breakers including the main. I turned off Breakers for the Washer/Dryer, Water Heater, Microwave, TV, left the refrigerator on. Breakers tripped.

....cut....

I’d find root cause of problem before eliminating GFI. If it worked before and it doesn’t now, something changed. If they grounded a neutral, or they/you melted the element in Water Heater so neutral side is grounded, it’s possible that even if you turn off the breakers, the GFI will still trip. Mine would trip with all breakers off due to a grounded neutral. GFIs can’t handle that. Mine would trip instantly, and I’m not sure why yours is taking minutes to trip.

As I mentioned in other threads, there are now campgrounds with GFI on 30A service and the last thing you want is to pull in and not be able to plug in because you trip the breaker (granted you’re not going to see it on 50A service, but you’ll want option to plug into any 30A). I tripped 30A GFI at a campground until I fixed the problem and can now run A/C on GFI at home while getting ready for trips. Before I found problem I could only plug into non-GFI outlets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum