Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 AM   #22
SamNavy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34B
State: California
THOR #19439
Thanks for all that good info. I know I am getting good power into the RV from the garage receptacle. All of the 110 AC outlets in the rig work fine and I am currently running three small floor fans off of them. I can run at least a couple of the fans and the microwave without tripping the garage breaker. The fridge is also running on propane. Neither of the roof air conditioners will power up at all, even to FAN.

I'm convinced that there is a solenoid somewhere in the system that activates when it senses 30 or 50 amp power in order to send current to the AC units. Both AC units work fine on generator, and I am learning the max load capacity of the generator as I have tripped its 20 amp breaker several times by adding additional appliances to the load... For example, on generater (5500 Onan) with both AC units running and the fridge set to 110, it will trip when I turn on the microwave. I have not tested, but think just temporarily setting both AC's to fan (maybe just the rear) while runnimg the microwave will suffice to keep the breaker from tripping.

The rig is a 2008, but it's new to me and I have never plugged it in to 30 or 50 amp service at a campground. That test will be Sunday afternoon when we hit our first campground... just northeast of Vegas where it should be mid-nineties and I'm praying they both come on when I plug into shore 50amp.

Copy that I'll get a real 30>20 dogbone to replace the puck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum